Aspen’s German-based pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Bad Oldesloe, (formerly a GlaxosmithKline facility), employs approximately 350 employees. More than 1000 different products (SKU’s) are produced and distributed to 130 countries for many international pharmaceutical partners.Pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and primary and secondary packaging
The Bad Oldesloe facility extends Aspen’s diverse manufacturing base to Europe, offering advanced manufacturing capability and a wealth of technological experience through its pool of committed and competent employees. The site offers pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and primary and secondary packaging services for international market’s European Union (EU) QP release and clinical trial packaging.
The facility complies with stringent quality standards and is Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certified by the EU and by various other national regulatory authorities. It operates in accordance with integrated quality (DIN EN ISO 9001:2008), environmental management (EN ISO 14001:2004) and health and safety (OHSAS 18001:2007) management systems.
Production volumes for 2011
- 2.7 billion tablets;
- 6 200 kilolitres of liquids;
- 37 million units of blow fill seals;
- 55 million finished packs; and
- More than 1000 SKUs.
Our key production capabilities and services
Contract services for pharmaceutical solids
- Granulation and drying, including spray granulation;
- Occupational Exposure Band 5 (OEB 5) manufacturing and packaging capability and knowledge;
- Capability for low dose products;
- Packaging sizes ranging from 100 to 100,000 packs including:
- Blister packaging: PVC, PVDC, Aclar, Alu/Alu including late stage printing on foils;
- Bottle packaging, including the application of desiccant, induction sealer, child resistant caps; and
- Application of 2D Data Matrix Code, vignettes, tamper evident labels.
Contract manufacturin of pharmaceutical liquids and semi solids
- Oral, topical liquids, creams and ointments;
- Suspensions and solutions;
- Capability for handling flammable liquids;
- Batch size ranges from 500l to 8000l;
- Glass and plastic bottle packing, including child resistant caps, dosage devices, application of 2D Data Matrix Code, vignettes and tamper evident labels.
Form fill seal services
- Aseptic filling into polyethylene vials;
- Bottle pack capabilities for 0,4 to 5ml fill volume;
- Foil wrapping (including nitrogen gassing); and
- Labeling of vials, including 2D Data Matrix Code, vignettes, tamper evident labels.
Small-scale equipment for pharmaceutical trials and formulation
The facility has a range of small-scale equipment for pharmaceutical trials and formulation to support the contract manufacturing services on offer.
- Artwork management (including a shared release workflow with customer);
- Electronic process instructions and batch recording;
- Support in procurement of raw materials and components;
- Transfer and development of analytical methods;
- Clinical study supply of products;
- Pack consolidation and optimisation;
- ICH stability studies; and
- EU testing and release.
Pharmaceutical Product Warehousing and Distribution
- International logistics experience in-house;
- More than 170 customers in approximately 130 countries;
- Acting as cross dock / hub for transport consolidation/bonded warehousing;
- Optimisation of transport costs for our customers;
- Automated highbay warehouse on site;
- Warehouse has both ambient and cold storage capabilities (2°C to 8°C);
- Vault for controlled substances (level 9 security); and
- Good traffic infrastructure (motorways, trains), with access to two airports (Hamburg, Luebeck) within 40 km and Hamburg sea port – the largest German container port, with weekly shipping to US, China, Australia, etc
Aspen Bad Oldesloe GmbH
23843 Bad Oldesloe
Tel: +49 (0) 45 31/8940-0
For any requests for information with respect to our Contract Manufacturing Services, please send an e-mail to